A Weekend Well Spent...

I've completed one full week back in the UK after my holiday to Malta, it's been a busy week in my 9-5 office job (boo) and just as busy a weekend (yay).  Once this post is up I think it'll be an early night for me!

The post holiday blues.  If you check out my Malta Tag you'll see that I regularly visit the Mediterranean islands of Gozo and Malta, to see family and have some quality time away from it all.  We had the best time, chilling out, relaxing on the beach, eating and drinking lots - just generally taking it easy in the sun!  I'm planning a series of blog posts to share with you guys, however if you want to check out what we got up to, or see a bit of these beautiful islands, check out my instagram page for lots of lovely pictures!  Despite it being an incredibly relaxing holiday, the cold British weather and a busy few days at work soon brought on the post holiday blues!  A crappy week was topped off with a disappointing meal out at a local pizzeria, which we visited to celebrate the start of the weekend.  We've been there a few times and always really enjoyed it, but the service was appalling - just not what we needed when suffering with post holiday blues!

Catching up with old friends.  Well not to dwell on the negatives, the weather picked up in the UK at the weekend, and so did things for me!  On Saturday morning I had the most lovely catch up with a friend and her little boy - it was crazy as we hadn't seen each other in about a year!  We had a fab time enjoying the sunshine at the park... The good thing about catching up with good friends after such a long time is that it never feels like you've been parted that long once you get chatting!

Family time.  Saturday afternoon played host to a a lovely family party.  We had a mini celebration for the wedding of my cousin and his new wife, who had a gorgeous intimate wedding away from it all in the Lake District.  Needless to say, the bubbly was flowing and a few of us were a little tired this morning to say the least!  Today was definitely slower paced, with more family time enjoying what might be the last of the summer sun.  We vegged out in the beer garden of a local pub, but that chill time was broken up for me to film the dreaded Ice Bucket Challenge!!  My donation went to the MND Association - the UK equivalent of the ASL charity in the US.

End of the week chill out.  I love having fun packed weekends, they're definitely what keep me smiling, but I did managed to squeeze in some serious relaxation time.  Having recently bought a new home one of my favourite things to do is leaf through a home decor magazine,with a nice hot drink by my side.  Living etc. is my current favourite magazine, I feel it's one of the most modern and fashionable in the UK market, and I'm obsessed with hot water and lemon at the moment - tasty and good for you!  On the topic of what is good for you, I NEED to get back into healthy eating and exercise after my holiday!  I decided Sunday was the day to start (who says you have to wait until Monday?!), to me nothing is better than yummy Greek salad when the sun is shining!


Twitter  |  facebook  |  bloglovin'  |  hellocotton  |  LOOKBOOK  |  Instagram

Share:

1 comments

I love reading and responding to your messages! Tell me what you think of this post in the comments below, or why not just say hello? If you've got a blog, leave me your link, I love finding new blogs to follow!